Thursday 5 February 2009

Chloe's Anderson Shelter

Over the past 2 weeks we have been making our very own Anderson Air Raid Shelters for home learning. We researched all about them and then made them into a plan. After that we got down to making our fantastic shelters. Everyone came up with loads of great ideas to put with their shelters. Some people put vegetable patches and clothing lines and some people did small farms.

All the shelters looked amazing and very realistic, especially the fact they had a proper surrounding area. My favourite would have to be Alanah's because she put the house, animals, plants, vegetable patch, clothes line, wheelbarrow and lots more! Alanah would have to be very proud because I bet everyone agrees with me!

I made my Anderson shelter very carefully, with a small amount of limited help! Anyway, I made it by taking recycled objects and making them to my plan. I cut out things like trees and bushes and stuck them onto a piece of large cardboard. After making the main structure I painted it. As you can see the shelter was painted a metallic silver/gray, and my trees and bushes a green that i mixed with two or three colours. I had a great time making it and seeing all the other peoples shelters that they brought in.

I enjoyed evaluating mine and Alanah's shelter and I hope everyone had a fun time making them!
By Chloe x

No comments: