Wednesday 3 December 2008

writing an oral story

This week in year 5 we have been writing oral stories
About Robin Hood in the sheriff's perspective
here is an example
  • A bright sunny day a crowd of poor dirty people and rich nice people gathered in my lovely court yard.
  • Saxons needed entertainment guarded by my strong and elite Norman soldiers
  • The contestants got ready to take there shots on my spotless court yard.
  • One of my men blew the trumpet and my lovely tournament.
  • The contestants stepped forward to take their shots.
  • Every round my men moved the targets 25 paces back.
  • Soon there were only five who had made it through and my two Norman soldiers were still in.
  • The mysterious green cloaked man stepped forward to take his shot, "He's a fool if he thinks he can win I better get him."
  • When I gave the signal two of my strong soldiers appeared.
  • The man in green took his final shot and hit the bullseye.
  • "Hold him".
  • "So Robin Hood we meet at last"
  • "Thats not robin hood" "what are you talking about".

By Luke & Jamie

No comments: